Why home staging is so important to sell your home
May 19th, 2016 • 2 comments
When preparing your property for sale your pre-market check list is an important step in ensuring your property presents in its best light at your open to the public days. From general maintenance to renovations, de-cluttering, cleaning but one thing often overlooked is home staging and styling, proving extremely popular with property sellers around the country.
A staged / furnished property can help your property outshine the rest in both home opens and appearance in photographs for web and portal advertising.
Getting assistance from a professional property stager could ensure your property reaches its full potential and help get you the asking price you want.
Here’s some ideas from expert home staging property stylists to help you present your home and achieve your property dreams:
- Neutralize the wall colours – There can be no talk about any decor without neutralizing interior/exterior coat of paint and bringing it up to date. Remember that the palette needs to coordinate with the fixed elements of the house, like the roof, the brick, and the stone.
- Alluring scents – A nice clean fresh scent throughout the house is the most important thing that will keep the potential buyers inside for longer. Scented electrical plug ins, essential oils, diffusers are easily accessible on the market and are always a bonus in the house presentation.
- Less is more – Pack up and store everything that is not needed and is just creating unnecessary clutter in your home. Even if you don’t have a storage place or an extra shed, packing your surplus stuff into storing containers and placing them nicely and neatly into one corner of your garage will still look better than having it clutter the space throughout.
- Artwork – Abstract wall art prints are very popular at the moment and fairly easy to find in home decor shops . We always suggest our clients to take the personal photos down as it makes it easier for the potential buyer to emotionally connect to the house when it is de-personalized
- Accessorizing – Color-coordination is the key! Pick a few main colors from your wall art and make it “flow through the space” in the shape of color-coordinated decorative cushions, throws, vases and decorations.
- Size does matter – If your sofas are too bulky, tables oversized or you have that extra armchair that is so comfy but not needed in the living room, it is better to pack it up and store it and replace it with the furniture that won’t overtake the space.
- Layering the light – Adding floor and table lamps in those dark corners will set the mood and create a comfortable feeling in any room.
- Selling lifestyle – Place a cookbook near the stove, your best dinnerware on the table, put a few glasses and a juice jug together with a magazine or your favourite book in the alfresco area. The potential buyer wants to be attracted by the lifestyle that your property can potentially offer.
Professional home stagers like Perth Staging complete an initial, objective property inspection. They will assist you with your budget to freshen up key spaces in anticipation for sale.
As a homeowner you can save money by completing the packing and cleaning and minor repairs yourself. But when it comes to the final showcase part of staging the property, it’s better to leave it to the pros.
An educated, well-skilled staging professional knows how to style a room to address what the buyer needs to see, how to highlight the best features of your house and how to minimize its less desirable attributes.
Stagers also know how to maximize space by using correct placement of color, lighting and art to harmonize a living space so the buyer connects on every level and makes an offer.
Even if you decide to do the home staging yourself, with your existing set up, but would just like some guidance from a professional stager towards the do’s and don’ts of the home presentation.
what is the cost of staging
Starts from $250.00 per room/area.